On average an additional 400 buses a month undergo a random Quality Check that is conducted by G&M Test Station and PUTCOTON Testing Station.
PUTCO has been in the forefront in ensuring conformity to SABS standards.
- All PUTCO buses purchased and built comply with all legal requirements in terms of homologation, which covers issues relating to standards for: roll-over protection, which is a safety cell meant to absorb the impact and prevent the roof from caving in.
- We have installed an additional braking system by means of retarder.
- All windows fold and serve as emergency exits.
- The engine size of buses far exceeds the minimum power – and torque requirements, as required for the nature of the geographical operational area are surpassed.
- All buses are fitted with soft cushion seats in configurations of three – two – and one seater, with all front passenger seats equipped with safety belts.
- Impact absorbing seat design,collapses on impact, protecting passengers from hitting the seat in front.
- A large number of our buses are equipped with luggage compartments beneath the buses.
- New buses also conform to stringent emission control standards as applied in other countries.