- PUTCO is now 42.6% black owned, 11% of which are by black women.
- We employ more than 4 000 people, more than 90.2% are black and more than 50% of management are Previously Disadvantaged Individuals (PDI's)
- We have over 2 000 drivers, of which more than 50 are women. We are eager to recruit and train more woman drivers.
Wheels never stop rolling...
- PUTCO operates a fleet of about 1 800 buses
- PUTCO travels about 90 million kilometres a year
- PUTCO carries more than 70 million passengers a year
- Business Units (BU's or depots) in and around Gauteng at Selby, Tshwane/Mpumalanga, Soshanguve, Mamelodi and Soweto.
- Each operation has an advanced bus maintenance workshop.
- The Putco Training Academy and Selection Centre situated in Lea Glen, Roodepoort. We are accredited by TETA for driver training, MERSETA for artisan training and ISETT TETA for Computer training.
PUTCO will continuously endeavour to add value to the lives of commuters, shareholders and other stakeholders well into the future. We will also work on improving the quality of service and inculcate a customer-centric approach to service provision.